WARNING: HERE BE DRAGONS. Jiminy is a pre-alpha product still in experimental stages and it is meant for experienced users and people who understand the inherent risks of using such software.
Jiminy is a service which helps parents to better understand how their children use their mobile devices. It allows the parents to receive notifications when their children is involved with cyberbullying, bullying, or other unwanted behavior, and to ask questions about their child..
Jiminy is an experimental service. It is not meant to replace parental guidance and talking to your child. It may not detect all problems and issues relating to your child, or find problems where they do not exist.
This means that all notifications should be taken with a grain of salt.
Jiminy is meant to protect your children. When we designed it we had their privacy in mind. Therefore, apart from their phone number and a limited set of identifying information, we do not store any unnecessary personal information relating to your child.
We provide this service as-is, and cannot be held liable for any abuse, misuse or flaw in the service. Please take extreme caution.
Registration and Eligibility.
Purpose. The use of the services is meant for adult parents who want to be in better communication with their children.
Eligibility. When enrolling into the service, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are over 18 years of age; (ii) you are the legal guardian of the child which the client application shall be installed on; (iii) you are the physical owner of both your device and your child’s device and no third party has any proprietary rights for this machine. This means that you cannot use a cellphone you received from the workplace in order to install this application. If you really want to know why, then the reason is that in some cases employers request access to this information, and it might expose information about your child to your employer; (iii) you are not a sex offender, nor have you been convicted with any violent crime or any crime against your children.
Verification. In order to register to the service, you will be required to provide us with your contact information. When you do so, we will verify your contact information.
Installation. Once we verify your identity, we’ll send a text message to your child’s phone. This text message will direct him to download our client application. You agree that we can install the application and use it for the purposes defined under these terms.
Permissions. Our software requires multiple permissions in order for the software to provide you with results.
Number Of Children. You may install the client software on multiple children’s devices.
Number Of Parents. If your significant other, or others, requests access, you may grant them access via our application.
How Does Our Software Work.
- Our software is comprised of two components, the parental gateway and the child client. The child client runs in the background when your child uses his mobile device and inspects your child’s use of his phone.
- When unwanted behavior, patterns or other information is passed, we notify promptly; otherwise, we send periodic updates and information that relate to your child’s activity without disclosing his specific interaction with his phone
- We do not block your child from behaving or being exposed to malicious behavior, but only track.
- Please be advised that the service may contain false-positives, meaning that we might detect legitimate behavior as malicious, or that we can contain false-negatives, meaning that we fail to detect malicious behavior in a specific set of actions.
Fees and Payments.
- Currently the services are provided free of charge. However, this may change. Should we decide to charge a fee, we will notify you at least 30 days in advance.
- You are not required under law to provide us with any information. However, if you do not provide us with such information we will not be able to provide you with the services.
What Personally Identifiable Information Do We Retain? We retain personal information on two different entities: you and your child.
- What Personally Identifiable Information Do We Retain? We retain personal information on two different entities: you and your child.
- We shall retain as little information as possible on your child, which includes only his phone number, location, content of his messages and browsing history .
- We may retain your name, contact information, phone number, email, and other identifying information you provide us, which may include your IP address and approximate geolocation, payment method (if you paid us) and other relevant information.
What Non-Personally Identifiable Information Do We Retain?
- We shall retain the hashed value of images that your child processed through the service to ensure that they are not mass-sent.
- We may retain and process information relating to your use of the software, which includes your interaction with the software, your use of specific features, device type, list of installed applications and other statistical information.
- We also retain non personally identifiable information we collect from the hild phone, including his app and phone usage statistics, sensor data, and viewed images and videos.
- How Do We Process This Information? We use the information to provide you with the services and to improve the services. These are the only two purposes which the information is used for.
- Who Are The Third Parties Who Have Access To This Information? We provide access to our employees, who are under strict confidentiality obligations, and to several third parties who provide us with services. These third parties are used solely on the parent client, and not the child client, to ensure maximum safety for your child. We use the following services: (i) Google Analytics, (ii) Facebook Analytics and Messenger; (iii) Flurry; (iv) Optimizely; (v) Appsflyer; and (vi) Crashlytics.
- Can We Contact You With Promotional Offers? Yes. We may use the information you provided us, including your email address and phone numbers to provide you with promotional offers and newsletters. We may also contact you when we believe your phone or your child account was compromised. You can opt out from promotional offers but not from security updates.
- Can You Review or Remove Your Information? Yes. You can always review your information using our software and panel. You can also request to delete all relevant information.
- Compliance With Law Authorities. We comply with competent and authorized law authorities and shall provide them with information should we receive a valid request.
- You acknowledge the inherent risks when using the services, which include the general risks associated with the use of websites and applications, such as hacking and malicious use.
- You also acknowledge that the client software is a powerful tool and it may be be abused by malicious attackers. You undertake to assume all risks associated with the use of the software.
- We supply the service on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. Your use of service is at your own risk and under your liability. We make no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements and (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free and (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable and (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by You through Service will meet your expectations, or (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- For no case and for no reason shall we be held liable for any damage, direct or indirect, consequential, exemplary, physical or special, to you, any other user or any third party due to its misperformance of duties herein. We provides Service on an AS-IS basis and shall not be held liable, to the extent permitted by law, by any case of misconduct, negligence, gross negligence, malice or any other mean, to any damages or loss of property, including loss of your funds, damages to virtual property, reputation and business reputation, user account information including login information, loss of profit, loss of good name, all resulting from the use or inability to use services. Our liability for direct damages shall be limited to the fees that you actually paid us during the thirty days prior to the event causing the damage.
- You hereby warrant and agree to hold us harmless and to indemnify us for any damage, loss, expense, legal expense or cost incurred as a result of your use of the services in direct violation of these terms of service, including any false representation.
- We currently offer no support.
Terminating User Accounts
- We shall have the right to terminate your use of the service or to terminate the service at any time and by providing a 30 day prior notice.
- Moreover we may terminate your use of the service at any time and without prior written notice in any case where you breached these terms and such breach may cause us irreparable harm.
- We might disable the service from time to time for scheduled backups, maintenance or upgrades. In some extreme cases, where urgent maintenance is required, we may disable the service immediately and without notice.
Amending These Terms
- We may amend these terms from time to time, provided that you shall be informed through electronic communication on such amendment and shall be granted to option to terminate your agreements with us by providing a 30 days prior written notice.
Governing Laws, Jurisdiction, No Class Action.
- The laws of the state of Israel shall exclusively govern these terms of service. Any dispute you may raise against us must be brought solely in the competent courts of the Tel-Aviv district. You undertake to initiate only suits on your behalf and not to file any class action lawsuit against us.